Certain Flatpaks won't open on Pinephone

I have a Pinephone currently running Manjaro Linux, with the Plasma Mobile shell. Some flatpaks open just fine, but others will pretend to open but they actually crashed.

For example, the one I am currently trying to figure out is Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I get the following output trying to launch from terminal.

$ flatpak run com.shatteredpixel.shatteredpixeldungeon

Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "main"

The flathub page had a link for me to file a bug report for the official project, but they closed it saying that flathub is not an official distribution method for them.

Who would I go to for help figuring this out? I’m not in the right league of skill as a programmer to figure something like this out on my own.

Is pinephone using ARM cpu? Maybe the app does not support ARM.

The thing is the build is broken on non x86_64

It was disabled:

But the older builds are still available.

@barthalion can we get the aarch64 (and maybe arm) yanked from the repo?

I’m not sure I entirely understand; So the current Flatpak build on Flathub is broken on non x86_64 platforms, but running the command on my Pinephone let me install anyway? I’m not upset or anything, just interested and confused.

it allows you to install an old version that was deprecated but not removed from the servers. Currently, when you deprecate an application only for a specific architecture, the old builds don’t get removed from the servers nor there’s a way to tell the user the app they are installing is probably broken/outdated.