KDE Kontact fails to launch

Hi there,

I installed Kontact when I was on Fedora Xfce, and it failed to launch, no error message, just shows on the task manager for a few seconds and goes away.

Now I am on Endeavour OS, installed it, and the same happens, I am not a tecnical guy, I just wanted to let you know.

Cheers.

Paging @tsdgeos.

Looks like it needs to be rebuild?

org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: ProcessControl: Application "/app/bin/akonadiserver" stopped unexpectedly ( "Process crashed" )
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application '/app/bin/akonadiserver' crashed! 0 restarts left.
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server...
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50c03) with this library (version 0x50c07)
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: ProcessControl: Application "/app/bin/akonadiserver" stopped unexpectedly ( "Process crashed" )
org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Application '/app/bin/akonadiserver' crashed too often. Giving up!

Also it uses the 5.12 runtime so I guess upgrade would be appreciated.

Yeah, kontact is problematic right now because it’s huge

We know about it https://invent.kde.org/teams/flathub/issues/-/issues/7

There’s some ongoing work on fixing it, but the most help we can get the better.

Yeah,

I would help if I knew how, like I said, I could not read code if it slap me in the face. I did not mean to nag though.

Laters