Situation report - New Flathub website work, app verifications, logins, etc

I’ve had an implementation of that, but it’s very hard frontend wise, as there are a lot of addons on some of the apps.

With regard to donations, have you looked into discourse subscriptions? Might make sense to hit two birds with one stone and incorporate discourse into your donations/review strategy.

It’s an established codebase with a company paying >1 maintainers to actively maintain. Could be integrated into GNOME-Software and KDE discover with plugins, it would be accessible from the web with straightforward process for users to delete accounts. You could scale the moderation teams much better as well without having to necessarily share what IP address or distro someone is using.

Yeah I guess a paginated list would work best for that, with the option of filtering by keyword. Don’t know about the API or backend support for that though…

I am trying to find out which app IDs will work well with Flathub in the future.

Apart from “app verification” I also found “authored apps” in the UI. But I’m not sure if that’s about having an app in the /flathub/ repo or being verified to own the app ID.

As I understand it, app IDs like com.github.<user>.<app> will be matched against the associated GitHub account. But where can this be triggered? Or did it happen if it is an ‘authored app’? What will the app ID matching for gitlab.gnome.org look like?

What are the plans for HTTP/DNS Validation? Do they still exist?

They are different. You can be the author of an app, or well multiple people can. That app can be verified or not verified.

At the moment it can’t be triggered and I think it’s not running at all. Afaik, the work isn’t that far yet.
For gitlab.gnome.org you will need to login via that auth provider or at least connect your account to it.

Yes, you will need to upload a specific file to such a domain and flathub will check if that file exists. To make sure you have access to that domain/webspace.

1 Like