The Hello Everyone Thread

Hello everyone! As you can expect, here’s where you can say hi to the Flathub community.

My name is Bartłomiej. I wear many hats: I review new Flathub submissions and help manage its infrastructure, I’m a member of GNOME Foundation and also develop Arch Linux in my spare time.

7 Likes

¡Hola! My name is Martín. I am a member of Sugarlabs and the GNOME Foundation. I am currently working on making Sugar applications available on Flathub.

4 Likes

Hello! My name’s Nick. I also review Flathub submissions. I’m a member of the GNOME Foundation but also help out with KDE apps.

2 Likes

Hi! I am Bastian Ilso, GNOME contributor, lurking here mostly to request new flatpak applications and maybe learn how to flatpak things by hand one day.

2 Likes

Hello! My name is Bilal. I review new Flathub submissions, I’m also a GNOME developer and I write apps when time allows.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m Sam. I’m very excited about the possibilities of Flatpak and in particular I’m looking forward to Pipewire bringing a better experience for pro audio users.

I packaged Purr Data on Flatpak, which is currently a bit experimental due to the aforementioned lack of a good pro audio backend, but hopefully will mature soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I’m Andrew. I’m excited about the future Flathub and Flatpak lead us to. Big thanks to everyone who is making it possible!

My small tribute to Flathub app list is a piano-like toy Qwertone, though unfortunately, I don’t actively work on it.

I’m glad we have this forum now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name’s Giovanni, I’m a PhD student in the west coast of the US and I was formerly a GNOME contributor and foundation member.

I am the main upstream dev and current Flatpak maintainer of Almond, an open-source voice assistant that can be used on the GNOME desktop. Comes with a shell extension too!

I am a day-to-day Fedora user, and I look forward to see the app ecosystem for free OSes grow.

1 Like

Hi All, I’m just a common linux user and flatpak enthusiast. Following the evolution of the technology since its inception.
In fact, I’m so tired of the many different methods of installing linux applications, lack of packaged application for this or that distro (ex. new application version with older distro release), and wasted effort and time retesting and repackaging every application; so I really hope that flatpak takes off!
I believe that the lack of flatpak (and its kinda slow adoption by developers) until now is one of the main reasons why Linux is still so less used as a desktop OS.
Too bad that the Linux world is unable to uniform under one technology for something this important, so we have also Snap and Appimage, but well, as long as flatpak will be well adopted by developers I’ll be happy!
Good work everybody, and please spread the flatpak love and enthusiasm! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I’m Cassidy, co-founder and UX architect at elementary. I’m excited to follow along with Flathub developments and work together on a new developer dashboard for Flatpak submissions!

4 Likes

Hello! I’m Will. I co-maintain flatpak-external-data-checker which helps to automate updates to applications on Flathub. I look after a few applications, including Vim and Bustle.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Kukuh, GNOME contributor and translator, Flatpak user also.

1 Like

I’m Hub

I maintain a few flatpaks because I wanted them. Lately it was music software, like Muse Sequencer, Lmms and Hydrogen. My first submission was AbiWord for which I’m also upstream. I also contribute to other flatpak as it goes, like when there is a new upstream, or need to fix issues.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Alex, I’m the main developer of flatpak and some of the infrastructure code that flathub uses. I’m indirectly working on flathub, being one of the people that started it and maintaining much of the code it relies on.

However, I’m not doing much packaging work on flathub these days. I follow it pretty closely though, to get a feel for what is working and what is not and what features are needed in flatpak for applications to work.

8 Likes

Hello! I’m Federico, GNOME translator and Fedora user.
My first try to flatpak an application has hit a roadblock (namely, TexLive dependency), but I hope I’ll find some time to try again…

Hello, Daniel here. :slight_smile: I am on Flathub basically since the beginning, mostly helping with reviews of new apps and maintaining some (~14) Flatpaks myself. I am also a Fedora user, active translator of many GNOME, Flatpak and other desktop-related things into Czech language and besides this I also help testing GNOME and reporting any issues I stumble upon.

1 Like

Hi folks, my name is Mike I’m senior software engineer working and contributing to open source projects like Fedora, Ubuntu, GNOME, KDE, and Kubernetes.

Hello everyone,

I’m a regular Linux user and I love FOSS projects.
I saw something special in the Flatpak project and that brought me here, to this rapidly expanding community :wink:

Over the past ten years I tried a lot of distributions and I use only Linux so that means that I do have some experience (hopefully). :smiley:
Currently using Fedora Silverblue.

Hello, I’m Quân, a software engineer from Việt Nam. I use Ubuntu and working on it every day. My field spans from web to embedded system. I also regularly contribute to various FOSS projects by providing fix bug.

I am developing CoBang and has packaged it for FlatHub. I come to this forum to find answer for the question: How long does it take for a new version to appear on FlatHub, after successful build.