"Automatic application merge: All jobs have failed"

I’ve just had an email with the above message. In my repository there’s a new error report which I don’t understand possibly done by a bot, which was closed possibly also by a bot. I checked and found an earlier one which mentioned an out-of-date runtime, I then closed that because I had updated the runtime in July.

Then I got the above message. I didn’t update the yaml in the Flathub repository to submit a rebuild. What is going on? Has AI finally taken over the Flatpak world?

:slight_smile: Might be me.

I repeat: What is going on?

I’m not sure, but for some reason, a build process might have been triggered and failed.

Since you don’t know what you are doing, please leave my working Flatpak alone.

It’s open source, and everybody can create a pull request against your repository.

As a member of the trusted-maintainers group, I open issues to notify developers about outdated runtimes and end-of-life notices.

I opened the following issue (End-of-Life Notice · Issue #57 · flathub/com.github.PopoutApps.popout3d · GitHub) months ago and didn’t receive any reply.

I was going to mark the project as end-of-life and realized you had two manifest files with .yml and .yaml extensions, which is quite confusing, and closed the relevant issue, linking it to a valid pull request. Then GitHub Actions triggered.

In the meantime, I’ll try to make end-of-life notices more official than ordinary noise; you can move the manifest file to your repository if you do not allow maintainers to touch it or support your application.

Your status is clearly important to you.

I have just wasted a couple of hours trying to disentangle several emails about problems with my Flatpak. I thought it was the action of a bot, so I put a comment on here asking for explanation of what was going on and just got your reply " “It might have been me.”.

You reported an error on my repository about the platform version, then cancelled it because it was incorrect. That caused a whole load of unnecessary emails. If you don’t know what you are doing, please leave my Flatpak alone.

I’ve found a pull request with this description:
-Delete the duplicated manifest file.
-Drop the redundant README.md
-Update the shared-modules
-Comply with the Flatpak builder Manifest Style Guide
These are sensible ideas, but not essential. If you wanted to help you could have messaged me with those suggestions and left it to my discretion. As it is you have just caused me a lot of bother.

I have experience with other packaging methods where self-styled gurus show off their ‘knowledge’ with the aim of boosting their own egos, to the degree that I abandoned work on one and switched to Flathub. I got a pleasant surprise when I found that the Flatpak experts’ aim was to help people create Flatpaks rather than boost their own egos.

Please don’t spoil Flatpak for others.

Thanks. I’ll try to be careful.