BeeRef: a tool for artists about references images (GNU/GPL3)

Picture: A screenshot of BeeRef in action (panel on left, resised at 1/4 of my monitor, other 3/4 is Krita.)

Project information:
BeeRef is a tool for artists: it lets you quickly arrange on a canvas your reference images and view them while you create. Its minimal interface is designed not to get in the way of your creative process. It’s great!

If BeeRef had a Flatpak, I would include it on my yearly Linux install Guide for Artists. Right now, it is only on the ‘Advanced’ appendice of the article as it require to download the pre-compiled archive, unpack it, and copy a *.desktop file (provided) along with a PNG logo to get a nice menu entry. A procedure a little bit too complex that Flatpak could simplify a lot.

The project hasn’t a lot of update since 2021, and BeeRef is really stable as it is. BeeRef probably requires permissions: drag and drop of files (or URL, eg. from Firefox image search) on it’s canvas. Drag’n’drop of files from file explorer. Possiblity to save/load BeeRef files and access to clipboard.

I’m ready to be active for user feedback and testing. And, if I receive guidance (mentorship?) I’m willing to learn how to make this project myself too (but I’m not a dev, so I might have big flaws to understand too technical documentation).

1 Like