Error creating metadata infor

I can not understand this error:

Running appstreamcli compose
Only accepting components: com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting, com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop
Processing directory: /home/wmoreno/code/cacao-accounting-flatpak/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-jGXaFg/files
Composing metadata…
Run failed, some data was ignored.
Errors were raised during this compose run:
com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting
E: file-read-error

general
E: filters-but-no-output
Refer to the generated issue report data for details on the individual problems.
Error: ERROR: appstreamcli compose failed: El proceso hijo terminó con el código 1

Project information:

Name: Cacao Accounting
Homepage: GitHub - cacao-accounting/cacao-accounting-flatpak
License: Apache
Upstream has been contacted: i am upstream

this is the manifest file: cacao-accounting-flatpak/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.yml at main · cacao-accounting/cacao-accounting-flatpak · GitHub

this is the desktop file: cacao-accounting-flatpak/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop at main · cacao-accounting/cacao-accounting-flatpak · GitHub

this is the appdata.xml file: cacao-accounting-flatpak/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.metainfo.xml at main · cacao-accounting/cacao-accounting-flatpak · GitHub

The error message do not give any usefull info.

Any advice should be good.

The metainfo.xml file passes the flatpak builder validation:

flatpak run --command=flatpak-builder-lint org.flatpak.Builder appstream com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.metainfo.xml
:heavy_check_mark: Se realizó la validación correctamente: redundante: 2

Yeah, libappstream errors are frustratingly vague.

Your problem seems to be caused by your scalable.svg being corrupted, if I don’t copy/install that one it’s fine.

You are also copying the metainfo file twice, but that’s not causing this.

Hello

I have removed the duplicated line copying the metainfo file.

I have update the .svg file

I have included in the manifest the rename-icon options:

The error was with my .desktop file.

But now I have this error:

Emptying app dir ‘build-dir’
Downloading sources
Fetching full git repo GitHub - iwalton3/tkinter-standalone: Tkinter packaged as an external package for flatpak.
Starting build of com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting
Cache hit for tcl8.6, skipping build
Cache hit for tk8.6, skipping build
Cache hit for tkinter, skipping build
Cache hit for python3-package-installation, skipping build
Cache hit for cacaoaccounting, skipping build
Cache miss, checking out last cache hit
Cleaning up
Renaming icon hicolor/16x16/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/16x16/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/256x256/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/256x256/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/32x32/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/32x32/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/48x48/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/48x48/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/64x64/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/64x64/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/scalable/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.svg to hicolor/scalable/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.svg
Rewriting contents of com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop
Running appstreamcli compose
Only accepting components: com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting, com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop
Processing directory: /home/wmoreno/code/cacao-accounting-flatpak/.flatpak-builder/rofiles/rofiles-ZT7BCa/files
Composing metadata…
Run failed, some data was ignored.
Errors were raised during this compose run:
com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting
E: gui-app-without-icon

After adding the rename icon option this command work one time:

flatpak-builder --user --install --force-clean build-dir com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.yml

And I was able to even install the app

After updating the python packages manifes I also have build errors.

Just for the record:

Added: rename-desktop-file: com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop generates a error because the file already exists

Rename the source file to com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop.in and let the builder rename with rename-desktop-file: com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop.in works

Add rename-appdata-file: com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.metainfo.xml do not generate any error message so maybe something was happening here

Add rename-icon: com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting do not report any error

After the build process is working, but in the build log i do not see messages about the metainfo.xml file

========================================================================
Building module cacaoaccounting in /__w/cacao-accounting-flatpak/cacao-accounting-flatpak/.flatpak-builder/build/cacaoaccounting-1

Running: install -D com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop.in ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/applications/${FLATPAK_ID}.desktop.in
Running: install -D 32x32.png ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/${FLATPAK_ID}.png
Running: install -D 48x48.png ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/${FLATPAK_ID}.png
Running: install -D 64x64.png ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/${FLATPAK_ID}.png
Running: install -D 256x256.png ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/${FLATPAK_ID}.png
Running: install -D scalable.svg ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/${FLATPAK_ID}.svg
Committing stage build-cacaoaccounting to cache
Cleaning up
Renaming com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop.in to com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop
Renaming icon hicolor/48x48/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/48x48/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/scalable/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.svg to hicolor/scalable/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.svg
Renaming icon hicolor/256x256/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/256x256/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/64x64/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/64x64/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Renaming icon hicolor/32x32/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png to hicolor/32x32/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Rewriting contents of com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop
Committing stage cleanup to cache
Finishing app
Exporting share/applications/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.desktop
Exporting share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Exporting share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.svg
Exporting share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Exporting share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Exporting share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting.png
Please review the exported files and the metadata
Committing stage finish to cache
Exporting com.cacaoaccounting.CacaoAccounting to repo

And that’s expected. The rename is only when it’s installed under a different name. If it already has the name you are doing it wrong.