Installing Flatpak app for the first time and googling doesn’t clear my confusion. Thanks in advance for any help to clarify my understanding.
- Completed the Debian Quick Setup
- Continued to install Telegram Desktop as root. (Remarks: Telegram Desktop is working fine.)
- Googled and understand that
- Flatpak’s update is done automatically by the Flatpak’s updater service that runs 10 minutes after every boot.
- and update of Flatpak’s app also can be done using the command in root
flatpak update org.telegram.desktop
Question: Is the above understanding of Flatpak’s update mechanism correct, meaning Flatpak will automatically update the app if there is a newer version?
- While researching for the above, I deleted telegram desktop app and found out that I can install it as a normal user.
Question: Should installation of Flatpak’s app (eg most user app like Telegram, Gimp etc) be done in root or as normal user?