[Fixed: Appstream bug][Help] Cannot build Gazebo. Error loading desktop file: Failed to find icon: Failed to find icon org.gazebosim.Gazebo

Hello,

I am trying to build Gazebo.

But I get this error.

Processing application org.gazebosim.GazeboError loading desktop file: Failed to find icon: Failed to find icon org.gazebosim.GazeboError: ERROR: appstream-compose failed: Child process exited with code 1

I don’t understand why it cannot find icon. It is in app/share/icons/hicolor/

- install -Dm644 gazebo128.png ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/gazebo.png
  - install -Dm644 gazebo256.png ${FLATPAK_DEST}/share/icons/hicolor/256x256/apps/gazebo.png

I submit a PR here: https://github.com/flathub/flathub/pull/2296

Full error log: Flathub builds

Thanks

Since you have the icons and the desktop file in the repository and install them, I’d forego the rename-icon, install them using the FLATPAK_ID as name and make sure the proper name is in the desktop file.

Hi,

I install the icon to be name as flatpak_id and change icon name in desktop file as flatpak_id as well.
But still get stuck.

Processing application org.gazebosim.Gazebo

Error loading desktop file: Failed to find icon: Failed to find icon org.gazebosim.Gazebo

Error: ERROR: appstream-compose failed: Child process exited with code 1

Any idea?

I try remove all the comments, still same issue.

Don’t know what is going on anymore.

I am getting the same error locally and can’t figure it out.

Thanks for the help.
I have a feeling that it could be a bug. But it is hard to pinpoint what, which is frustrating.

Turns out, there is an issue with appstream when directory is weird.