Flatmob: Flathub for mobile apps

I’ve been thinking this for a while: why not have a Flatpak repo exclusively for mobile/smartphone apps? We can install desktop apps on Linux phones, however, there is no app store exclusively for mobile apps on Linux. Desktop apps don’t look good on a smartphone screen.
So why not create a new Flatpak repo like Flathub but for mobile apps? Its name could be something like Flatmob.
It would be a fork of flathub and it wouldn’t allow desktop apps.
I’m not sure how viable this is, but it’s just an idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a remote with similar goal, the PureOS remote. The main difference I think is that is focused only on FOSS projects.

flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists PureOS https://store.puri.sm/repo/stable/pureos.flatpakrepo

PS: I think this is more related to General Topic and not Request Topic

Thanks for moving it to General @realgrm.

Pure OS repo is a good alternative, but it’s not like Flathub with all kind of apps (open source and proprietary).

Thanks for moving it to General @realgrm.

Well, I didn’t. I don’t think I have the power to do it. If you didn’t, maybe some kind person did it for you.

Pure OS repo is a good alternative, but it’s not like Flathub with all kind of apps (open source and proprietary).

Maybe after the work mentioned by a Recent post from Tobias Bernart (link bellow) it will be easier to automate the creation of a dedicated remote or a collection of Phone Apps, like was made for Verified Apps. But I don’t know if any of these are planned.