Flatpak, Signal Desktop, and Fedora 37

Hello All,

I’m new to the group and use the flatpak version of GnuCash and just loaded the Signal Desktop Application on my Fedora37 laptop

Very nice and thanks to those that put this together.

But I have one question. Everything seems to work with no problems but I do get a few errors and don’t know how critical they are.

Gtk Message: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “pk-gtk-module”
Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

The appropriate libraries (and devel rpm) are installed on the system and the /run/dbus/system_bus_socket does exist. There are no selinux blocks.

I’m curios more than anything else considering the application works as expected. How important are these errors and am I losing any functionality that I may not be aware of?

Regards to All.

You might be able to get rid of the Failed to connect to the bus: Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory with Flatseal and exposing the system bus permission.

Then restart the app and it should be gone. It really depends on what the app does with dbus to figure out, what could be broken.

Thanks Razzeee. That cleared that the dbus errors.

I really haven’t seen a difference yet but I haven’t used all the features. I’ll experiment a little with that :slight_smile:

This is really not recommendable. Maybe the package maintainer should address this.

Correct, it’s something to check and then report to the maintainer.