I’m happy my app is packaged on Flathub. I have moved recently its homepage and I’d like to change the app ID according to the new URI (globally, not for Flathub only). Are the following assumptions true?
- I have to make a pull request for the new ID.
- There is no automatic migration for users or even a notification.
- It would be a good idea to patch the old version on Flathub, adding a popup dialog informing users about the change, ideally with a checkbox that they don’t want to see that hint anymore.
Thanks a lot!
- Correct, you have to make a pull request for the new ID, do mention why you’re asking for it and point to the old app.
- Incorrect. You should add a flathub.json file to the old repo and trigger a build there like so: https://github.com/flathub/org.gnome.iagno/blob/aefd92d1f0b783feedb62d101565e31f9c5dbc4b/flathub.json this will message users and suggest the new app-id. How different app centers treat these messages and suggestions is currently inconsistent and I think the best experience is on the CLI currently.
There isn’t a great migration for the website though, which is totally fair.
You should also get the old repo archived once the EOL rebase has occurred.
Thank you! That’s easier than I thought