How to release a new version of an app?

Hi, this is a dumb question, but how do I release a new app version on flathub?

I’ve updated the app version and a new git tag in the manifest: release 0.54.3 · flathub/com.github.zadam.trilium@fe5bd7f · GitHub

There was a triggered successful build here: Flathub builds

But flathub still lists the old version (0.54.2), instead of the new version (0.54.3): Flathub—An app store and build service for Linux

Initially I thought it just has some delay, but it’s been 14 hours already.

Do I need to do something extra to publish the new version?

3 Likes

Same for me.
I have already updated the app so many times. But changes haven’t taken place in flathub. Maybe there are some problems with Flathub’s API - https://flathub.org/api/v1/apps/com.github.zadam.trilium

I did a search with flatpak command -

flatpak search com.github.zadam.trilium                                                                              ✔ 
Name                  Description                               Application ID                  Version        Branch        Remotes
Trilium Notes         Build your personal knowledge base        com.github.zadam.trilium        0.54.3         stable        flathub

You can see the version there is correct, so it’s been published properly. However the version in api is older.

Looking forward to some kind person helping with it :grinning:

Yes, it seems a general bug that flathub.org is not listing last releases, it’s affecting DIYLayoutCreator app too.

1 Like

There’s an ongoing incident related to connectivity since Friday 26th at the datacenter hosting our website. There will be some wonkiness until it gets resolved on their end.

1 Like

I am still having this problem. I pushed an update and both the flathub website and the flatpak cli are reporting the old version number. But when you install and run it, it is the new one. I also tried to force the version number by using the version: setting in the manifest, but it made no difference.

the version displayed is from the appstream file. Anywhere is just not gonna work.

Same problem. I saw a “Publish” button at some point, but not since. The app was built successfully so I waited the nominal 3 hours for it to be automatically published - nothing. I rebuilt it and waited, it disappeared off the list after 2 hours without being published.

you need to be logged in to see the button.

I would expect to have to be logged in - and I was.

I’ve since rebuilt it successfully, I’m signed in and there is no sign of a “Publish” button.

I have seen another thread about “Failure to publish shown as success”. Perhaps this was a failure to build shown as a success? That would explain why it wasn’t published automatically and why there was no “Publish” button. However installing from the link that follows “The build succeeded, to test this build, install it from the testing repository:” results in a working app of the latest version.

it will be published automatically.

That worked fine for the last version when it was published a year ago.
From post 7 - “The app was built successfully so I waited the nominal 3 hours for it to be automatically published - nothing. I rebuilt it and waited, it disappeared off the list after 2 hours without being published.” That’s why I was looking for the “Publish” button. I’ve had about 5 attempts so far, Build 457 has had 3 hours, I’ll wait a little longer. After that all I can do is repeatedly rebuild it until it gets published. That seems a waste of processing power but I can’t think of any other way. When I get to 10 attempts I’ll either post again here or open another thread.

It seems that on GitHub I had to “Merge the branch” to make it an “Official” build. That’s news to me - I’ll never understand GitHub (:. Now showing on Flathub.