I made myself a little flatpak help

if ya got any ideas for sprucin’ it up, please lemme know.

these came from me tryna figure out flatpak for my pianocheetah app.
(which I stiiiill gotta get to publishin’)

just tryna give back from what i got from this here forum’s nice peoples

1 Like

I’ve only had a cursory look at this, but some introductory information from a newbie is a great idea. You know the sort of questions another newbie would ask and are likely to explain it in terms that they would understand (I’m only just not a newbie). I couldn’t find those directories though :(.

i fouuund em cuz someone on here mentioned how to.
i don’t thiiink it’s in the docs at all. other than a mention of OSTree (iiiiii’m not even sure).

but if you go flatpak run --command=sh your.dang.flatpak.App
well
you’ll be taken into a world that your flatpak lives in. with a “fake” /app/bin where your compiled apps live. and you can store your config files in /var/config - those aren’t actually in the filesystem. well. they are, but they’re at different places. the config data, you’ll find in ~/.var/app/;your.dang.flatpak.App/config (in real life).

aaand stuff.

I’m still a newb. But I’m also gettin’ close to done with flatpak’ing my app. praise the lord. then i’ll test it on the raspi and see if it’ll install and run over there with no compile. If it does, I’ll be a happy guy.

1 Like

That works. I didn’t even know you could do that. It’s useful for me to see what the user gets.

There is also flatpak enter for flatpaks that are already running

i would like to speek good english to understand what you say, to make a flatpak documentation . even with the traduce button in the toolbar it s not strong enough to traduce. maybe you have made a pak with not all the good form . you can help other people by explaining precisely all what it s done,made,errors, solutions , and all futures of this in a file and tell it in a natural langage. byby