Installing Bluemail

I am new to Flathub. I wanted to install Bluemail on my Ubuntu 22.04 LTS machine. So I have three questions:

1. When I click on the icon to install Bluemail on Flathub.org, it downloads a reference file, but doesn’t not install the app. So I ran "flatpak install and then the reference file name and location and it installs it. The app loads, but will not allow me to add my Gmail account. Did I do this correctly?
  2. So I uninstalled the Bluemail I had installed using the method in point 1 above and tried using the installation instructions on the Flathub.org site (flatpak install flathub net.blix.BlueMail) and I get “error: Nothing matches net.blix.Bluemail in remote flathub”. What is causing this?
  3. Is there anything I can do to make my system directly install an app by just clicking on the app icon on Flathub.org?
    Sorry for all of the questions.
    Bob Reed

I am also a Flathub newbie. I am by no stretch of the imagination qualified to give a definitive answer but this is what I do and I have not hit any issues so far.

1. Download the reference file (as you already do)
  2. Scroll down to the command line instructions at the bottom of the page.
  3. Copy the first install command.
  4. Open the terminal and paste the command
  5. Hit the enter key on your keyboard.
  6. Enter your password and this should start the install.

You will be prompted to continue as authorization to download and install the file and dependencies is required by the system, it’s a simple ‘Y’ keypress.

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that - and it does indeed work. But I was wondering if the software could be installed directly by clicking on the “Install” button shown on Flathub’s web page and I have found a Mozilla Firefox add-on for specifically that purpose. The add-on is called “Flatline” and when you install it in your browser, you just click the Install button shown with the image for each installer and it directly installs the new application.

Thanks again!