Project information: The goal of this project is to give you a desktop application that you can download and run games from
itch.io with. Additionally you should be able to update games and get notified when games are updated. The goal is not to replace the itch.io website.
License: MIT License
Upstream has been contacted: https://github.com/itchio/itch/issues/2074
Having Itch in a Flatpak is even more important now, as Flatpaks on Flathub are the main way to install apps and (non-Steam) games on the Steam Deck.
The above-linked GitHub issue has a lot of interesting discussion, even long after it has been closed.
Meanwhile, there are workarounds (
itch.io app on Steam Deck guide, showing off Celeste - YouTube) but they’re inelegant.
Hopefully Itch re-opens the issue and considers an official port to Flathub soon. (Otherwise, an unofficial port would still be very welcome.)
January 1, 2023, 6:36pm
It had been submitted a while back, review still pending.
09:11PM - 16 Dec 22 UTC
### Please confirm your submission meets all the criteria
- [x] I have read t
… he [App Requirements][reqs] and [App Maintenance][maint] pages.
- [x] My pull request follows the instructions at [App Submission][submission].
- [ ] I am using only the minimal set of permissions. *(If not, please explain each non-standard permission.)*
- `device=all` for controllers
- [x] All assets referenced in the manifest are redistributable by any party. If not, the unredistributable parts are using an extra-data source type.
- [ ] I am an upstream contributor to the project. If not, I contacted upstream developers about submitting their software to Flathub.
**No permission yet given, silence from developers**
- [ ] I own the domain used in the application ID or the domain has a policy for delegating subdomains (e.g. GitHub, SourceForge).
- [ ] Any additional patches or files have been submitted to the upstream projects concerned. *(If not, explain why.)*
January 9, 2023, 1:01pm
This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.