KDE Portal Background Activity popup: "XYZ is running in the background. This might be for a legitimate reason, but the application has not provided one" - How to handle this as a packager?

Hello Flathub forum! Tl;dr below.

On fresh my Asahi/KDE/Wayland system I set up to test my packages under arm (aarch64), I found one of my packages triggers a popup like this: (Note I don’t maintain the Flameshot package, but my popup is identical)

Portal
Background activity
Flameshot is running in the background.
[ Find out more ]

If you click Find out more:

Flameshot is running in the background - Portal
This might be for a legitimate reason, but the application has not provided one.
Note that forcing an application to quit might cause data loss.
[ Allow | Force quit ]

Clicking Allow works, but I would like to know how to provide a reason as per the popup, so users don’t click Force Quit and then wonder what went wrong. [1]

If you click Force Quit, or even click the X button, the app will die every few seconds after opening it. Enabling Background Portal via Flatseal can undo your mistake.

Tl;dr: How do I provide a reason for using the background portal?

Thanks!

I found the org.freedesktop.portal.Background Portal API Reference which looks like it does what I want, but I’m still not sure how to pass in the reason s field. Sticking a simple

"talk-name=org.freedesktop.portal.Background"

In the finish-args doesn’t seem to prevent the popup or auto-fill in a legtimate reason (not that I would have expected it to).

Is this just something not-yet supported in Flatpak/KDE?