Midori Browser Change

Project information: Midori Web Browser

Name: Midori Browser
Homepage: astian.org/midori-browser
License: AGPL, MPL, GPL
Upstream has been contacted: contact@astian.org or alfonso.hernandez@astian.org

Since the end of 2019 Astian has taken over the Midori browser and today we are in version 11.x and we ask the community to remove the version found on Flathub and upload the new one with the new information, for example website, images, etc., such as could we do it? How can we collaborate? By the way, add Midoriā€™s verification on the platform since Midori is back to stay :-).

I look forward to your response, colleagues.

The docs on https://docs.flathub.org/ should be enough to get you started

Hi, I am maintaining the legacy Midori flatpak on Flathub when the previous maintainer went inactive. Itā€™s pretty much on life support, with only automated webkit2gtk updates going on.

Are you from Astian? If you can verify that, I can make the flatpak EOL Maintenance | Flathub Documentation (I donā€™t think rebase makes sense here as the new Midori is completely different from the old one)

Please see the submission page, if you want to submit the new Midori to Flathub.

NB. midori-browser.org being gone, I had no way to cross verify that a transfer did happen, but I found The green brick road šŸ§±šŸŒŽšŸ¾ | | Midori Browser which I think is enough for me.

1 Like

I can send you an email from my email account @astian.org if the verification is a bit complicated but if you look in the About of Midori 9 you will see the Astian Foundation brand, so I think we can also start with that a little :-).

We will be happy to have your help to package Midori for Flatpak and also add you as a contributor to the Midori repo :slight_smile:

I can send you an email from my email account @astian.org

Yes, that would be fine, you can find my email on GitHub profile bbhtt (bbhtt) Ā· GitHub

We will be happy to have your help to package Midori for Flatpak and also add you as a contributor to the Midori repo

Sorry, I wonā€™t have time to package the new flatpak. I only started maintaining the legacy one because the previous maintainer requested. But feel free to submit a PR for inclusion. I donā€™t think itā€™ll be complicated since you have a deb and a binary tarball. There are quite a few Firefox derivatives like Floorp, Librewolf, Mullvad etc. (and Firefox itself) on Flathub that you can use as a base.

Flathub also encourages packages submitted and maintained by upstream.

Let me know if I should EOL now, or wait for the new one to be included.

Thanks!