Proposal for audio plugins

I thought about it and figured it was better to do the switch now.

After I updated to unified and also included vst plugins, Ardour finds Lv2 one’s, but it’s VST search path is still /app/extentions/VstPlugins/lxvst. Adding path manually does the trick.

Lmms (carla) cannot see either. UPD.: Adding additional plugin paths in Carla settings manually fixes that.

In Ardour I had to reset the path for the VST (LV2 is fine).

Screenshot from 2020-07-02 10-04-21

Same in Carla I think.

Ah, so fresh installations of those apps should be OK by default. Also, tested resetting in carla - works.

yes.

Also, Muse3 is a bit more fiddly.

You notice that in Ardour it’s only VST. LV2 or LADSPA don’t have that problem.

Ardour probably just honours environment variables for ladspa and lv2, that’s why those work. Carla has paths set in some config - hence everything needs to be reset.

Anyway, seems that I have some occasional Ardour crashes while using plugin, probably need to test/investigate it a bit more before submitting.

Sometime plugins crash and bring the app down.

However I sent you a pull request to address a few things including statically linking which is the recommended way for plugins.

Thanks for the PR, merged!. One thing I am still trying to figure out is how to load banks in plugin’s browser. Created issue: https://github.com/takuvata/org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ZynFusion/issues/2

1 Like

Scratch the above, I just had ~/.zynaddsubfxXML.cfg and ~/.zynaddsubfx-bank-cache.xml from regular install that was messing things up. Compile option actually works.

Created a PR to flathub.

I also created a git repo for Calf Studio Gear plugins. Just could not figure out how to link fluidsynth2 statically. Help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

there is fluidsynth2-static.json.

But Calf, which I have here, has a serious issue that makes me a little bit worried about: gtk2 is required and that’s bound to be a nightmare.

Same problem with Gtk2 happen with Invada lv2, amsynth.

I see. Shame - really good plugins. It can be built without GTK, so no custom GUI, but obviously that’s not great for usability.

Maybe I should do that (there are already packaged here).

I was holding back a bit, I have a few I need to submit. Yoshimi also has another issue is that the lv2 plugin requires jack, and that’s a bit of a no no.

This is my calf “branch”

https://github.com/hfiguiere/flathub/tree/calf

1 Like

Also the upstream issue for Calf

https://github.com/calf-studio-gear/calf/issues/248

The comment by someone being Gtk isn’t a good idea, and then they mention CTK which is their toolkit, as work in progress.

hi @hub !
I went to re-install Purr Data from flathub today, and I got this:

$ flatpak install flathub net.purrdata.PurrData
Looking for matches…
Remote ‘flathub’ found in multiple installations:

1) system
   2) user

Which do you want to use (0 to abort)? [0-2]: 1
Info: org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.LSP is end-of-life, with reason: This plugin package has been renamed to...
Info: org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.LSP.Sources is end-of-life, with reason: This plugin package has been renamed to...
Info: org.freedesktop.Platform.Icontheme.Adwaita is end-of-life, with reason: The Icontheme extensions are not used anymore.

net.purrdata.PurrData permissions:
    ipc           pulseaudio      wayland              x11
    devices       dri             file access [1]

[1] host

ID                                                              Branch Op Remote        Download
 1.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.CAPS.Sources           19.08  i  flathub       < 183.7 kB
 2.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.CAPS                   19.08  i  flathub       < 264.2 kB
 3.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.CMT.Sources            19.08  i  flathub        < 65.5 kB
 4.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.CMT                    19.08  i  flathub        < 53.3 kB
 5.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.LSP.Sources            19.08  i  flathub        < 61.8 MB
 6.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.LSP                    19.08  i  flathub       < 762.3 kB
 7.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.TAP.Sources            19.08  i  flathub        < 65.9 kB
 8.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.TAP                    19.08  i  flathub       < 138.6 kB
 9.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.LadspaPlugins.swh.Sources            19.08  i  flathub         < 4.5 MB
10.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ADLplug.Sources              19.08  i  flathub        < 25.4 MB
11.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ADLplug                      19.08  i  flathub        < 14.2 MB
12.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.DISTRHO-Ports                19.08  i  flathub       < 149.1 MB
13.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.DISTRHO_Ports.Sources        19.08  i  flathub        < 27.5 MB
14.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.DPF-Plugins                  19.08  i  flathub         < 5.0 MB
15.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.DPF_Plugins.Sources          19.08  i  flathub         < 8.1 MB
16.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Helm.Sources                 19.08  i  flathub        < 15.5 MB
17.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Helm                         19.08  i  flathub         < 9.1 MB
18.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.KapitonovPluginsPack.Sources 19.08  i  flathub       < 158.1 MB
19.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.KapitonovPluginsPack         19.08  i  flathub         < 6.0 MB
20.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.LSP.Sources                  19.08  i  flathub        < 64.5 MB
21.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.LSP                          19.08  i  flathub         < 4.8 MB
22.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Ninjas2.Sources              19.08  i  flathub        < 12.6 MB
23.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Ninjas2                      19.08  i  flathub         < 1.4 MB
24.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Surge.Sources                19.08  i  flathub        < 84.6 MB
25.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Surge                        19.08  i  flathub        < 55.6 MB
26.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ZamPlugins.Sources           19.08  i  flathub        < 23.0 MB
27.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ZamPlugins                   19.08  i  flathub        < 38.8 MB
28.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ZynFusion.Sources            19.08  i  flathub        < 37.8 MB
29.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.ZynFusion                    19.08  i  flathub        < 11.3 MB
30.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.reMID-lv2                    19.08  i  flathub        < 57.6 kB
31.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.reMID_lv2.Sources            19.08  i  flathub         < 7.1 MB
32.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.sfizz.Sources                19.08  i  flathub        < 45.7 MB
33.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.sfizz                        19.08  i  flathub         < 1.4 MB
34.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.x42Plugins.Sources           19.08  i  flathub        < 16.5 MB
35.     org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.x42Plugins                   19.08  i  flathub        < 12.3 MB
36.     org.freedesktop.Platform.openh264                               2.0    u  gnome-nightly   < 1.5 MB
37.     net.purrdata.PurrData                                           stable i  flathub       < 110.3 MB

Proceed with these changes to the system installation? [Y/n]: n

I didn’t want to install every LV2 & LADSPA plugin available, so I had to rerun with --no-related. I feel like for Purr Data we should avoid installing these by default – is that possible?

This is a problem I have discovered very recently. It doesn’t happen with any of the other apps, just Purr. And I have no idea why.

I originally couldn’t even figure out how to track “dependencies” and discovered it was Purr by a random coincidence.

Nevermind I think I have found why… PR to come in a few minutes.

For the record

https://github.com/flathub/net.purrdata.PurrData/pull/21