Proposal for audio plugins

That was quick! I’m still seeing the problem locally. I wonder if that’s because Flathub has a delay in updating.

Edit: seems to be working with a later test build that I pushed, so it must be due to a delay in updating.

Publish delay is 3 hours, so I ball park 2 more hours from when you posted this.

I installed it this morning and it didn’t want to install anything else (automatically).

Hi all,

I come back after one year.

I wonder if i understood well but it seems x42-plugin is not packaed yet with flathub ardour.
Is there any chance to use x42-plugin in the flatpak ardour version ?
Or maybe i have to flatpack install something else before ardour ?

Thank you for your response and have a good day :wink:

regards,

f.

it is.

has been for a while now.

thank you hub!
Sorry for my lack of flatpak skill but what command should i run to install ardour and x42-plugin with flatpak ?

flatpack install https://dl.flathub.org/repo/appstream/org.ardour.Ardour.flatpakref

would be enough ?

thank you and regards,

f.

flatpak install flathub org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.x42Plugins
flatpak install flathub org.ardour.Ardour

sorry for the noise and thank you for the hard work :wink:

Hello Guys, i installed org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Helm Synth and i wanted to use it in Ardour or in Bitwig is this possible but i dont know which path i have to add. Or how will be this work can some give me few information about this ?

it should just work with the flatpak version of Ardour. However, did you install the right branch ? You need org.freedesktop.LinuxAudio.Plugins.Helm//21.08

Ok is now working i had installed the Fedora Flatpak version from Ardour. I this also working with Bitwig and Waveform or have the developer do something for support this ? I want also support the Linux Audio Community because Vitalium(Vital) is missing as Flatpak version so i have to learn how everything is working ^^

Vitalium is part of DISTHRO-Ports, but apparently it has reliability issues.

as for bitwig it should work, but if it doesn’t you can file issues there https://github.com/flathub/com.bitwig.BitwigStudio/issues

This is so sexy Fedora 35 with Pipewire preinstalled and Bitwig and just install the flatpak plugins :smiley: But unfortunately you are right Vitalium have stucking sound :frowning: And this one is one of the must important once. But you have a really nice collection Tunefish, Helm, Surge and Vitalium this is sexy. I just need Geonkick. Is it possible to have also Carla as vst and you can load with carla lv2 plugins as flatpak ?

Actually how you handle dependencies from Plugins ? This was always the problem because of the sandbox system that Plugins can’t resolve the dependencies. You think is technical possible to bring yabridge as flatpak plugin ?

use flatpak search, you’ll discover there is geonkick.

As for Carla, it’s in progress https://github.com/flathub/flathub/pull/2645

Thx I discovered it already but it don exits as a vst just as a lv2 so this is the reason i asked for carla that you have the possibility to use lv2 plugins in a DAW this just supporting VSTs ^^ Ohh this is nice so see this good progress :smiley:

that will not do it. This Carla is standalone, however it seems to work through Pipewire/jack

Hi, are there any plans to get rid of this branching?
So to make it possible to build plugins on main branch, not using branch/xx.08

As far as I know about plugin binaries, it should work building plugins against an older SDK, for example 20.08, and run those on 20.08 and all newer (currently 21.08) runtimes.

So instead of forcing

runtime branch of plugin host app = plugin sdk branch

switch to

runtime branch of plugin host app >= sdk branch the plugin was built against

This would make plugins on flathub a lot more user- and maintainer- friendly :))

As for all the benefits this would bring, please read my more detailed post about this topic here: