SSL connection could not be established for Azure Data Studio

Hi,

I thought I could try to create flatpak for Azure Data Studio as the PR mentioned in this topic was not completed.

My work is here.

So far, the app builds and starts :slight_smile:
I had to “borrow” openssl 1.1.1 from UnityHub as apparently this is a dependency for ADS.
I am able to log on to my Azure account and use it to connect to MS SQL server (Azure PaaS).

However, I am unable to connect to Azure Monitor Logs connection type. It throws error:

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.)
 ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid because of errors in the certificate chain: UntrustedRoot
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.SendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.ForceAuthenticationAsync[TIOAdapter](TIOAdapter adapter, Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] reAuthenticationData, Boolean isApm)
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore(Boolean async, Stream stream, SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.EstablishSslConnectionAsyncCore(Boolean async, Stream stream, SslClientAuthenticationOptions sslOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean async, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.SendAsyncCore(HttpRequestMessage request, HttpCompletionOption completionOption, Boolean async, Boolean emitTelemetryStartStop, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
   at Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer.DataSource.Monitor.MonitorClient.LoadMetadata(Boolean refresh) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer\DataSource\Monitor\MonitorClient.cs:line 47
   at Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer.DataSource.Monitor.MonitorIntellisenseClient..ctor(MonitorClient monitorClient) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer\DataSource\Monitor\MonitorIntellisenseClient.cs:line 17
   at Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer.DataSource.DataSourceFactory.Create(ConnectionDetails connectionDetails, String ownerUri) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer\DataSource\DataSourceFactory.cs:line 44
   at Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer.Connection.ReliableDataSourceConnection..ctor(ConnectionDetails connectionDetails, RetryPolicy connectionRetryPolicy, RetryPolicy commandRetryPolicy, IDataSourceFactory dataSourceFactory, String ownerUri) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer\DataSource\ReliableDataSourceConnection.cs:line 65
   at Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer.Connection.DataSourceConnectionFactory.CreateDataSourceConnection(ConnectionDetails connectionDetails, String ownerUri) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer\Connection\DataSourceConnectionFactory.cs:line 36
   at Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer.Connection.ConnectionService.TryOpenConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, ConnectParams connectionParams) in D:\a\1\s\src\Microsoft.Kusto.ServiceLayer\Connection\ConnectionService.cs:line 402

and I have no idea how to deal with it.

Can anybbody help?

Not sure how to help, you might already know it, but that’s a .net framework error - so you might have to do something to appease that - maybe it can’t find the certs.