Steam not started under flatpak, pls help

i installed the steam from flathub, but after install not started:

flatpak run com.valvesoftware.Steam

bwrap: Can’t mkdir parents for /app/lib/debug/lib/i386-linux-gnu/GL: Read-only file system
error: ldconfig failed, exit status 256

what this?

many thanx

zsolt

Possibly related - I recently did a ‘flatpak update’ in the command window. I received an error that ‘Steam needs a later flatpak version’

I know to update flatpak apps using ‘flatpak update’, but I am unaware of how to update flatpak itself. This might also solve the other poster’s question, as this update error only arose in the interlude since I last ran a ‘flatpak update’ command.

According to Flatseal I’m running flatpak version 1.10.8

Thanks.

Your distro should be updating flatpak. For reference fedora right now ships 1.15.4

I have the same problem, I update all flatpak packages for steam, then update flatpak via ubuntu’s ppa (1.14.4) and now I have this error, how can I fix it?

TLDR: “Solution” flatpak remove org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.Debug.default//23.08 and ignore steam warning

I try to uninstall > reinstall it works for the session, but on restarting it again returns the same error ¬¬.

Then I remember Steam after installation asked for flatpak install org.freedesktop.Platform.GL32.Debug.default//23.08 This is the package that broke the app, I uninstalled it and ok.

It was not installed with root, Flatpak version

You don’t need that extension.

What’s happening is that you have org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.Debug.default installed, and so the steam_wrapper script is suggesting that you also install the 32-bit version. Unfortunately, the extension fails without also having org.freedesktop.Platform.Compat.i386.Debug installed.

1 Like