Dropbox autostart

Hy guy’s. My dropbox don’t start with the system, yet if i do activate the autostart in preferences of Dropbox. I did found a hint that said for do make a edition in ~/.config/autostart/dropbox.desktop, but it is don’t work. Can anybody help me? Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

You should use your DE to add Dropbox to autostarted applications. Symlinking /var/lib/flatpak/exports/share/applications/com.dropbox.Client.desktop or ~/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share/applications/com.dropbox.Client.desktop to ~/.config/autostart/com.dropbox.Client.desktop may work but I guess that depends on the desktop environment.

1 Like

Thanks bathalion. I’m a simply user of ubuntu, so i don’t knew how to create a symlink. I will try when i have time. Thanks.

I’ve added Dropbox to the autostart apps using the Gnome Tweaks tool, in the Startup Applications section (see screenshot below)

# Run this command to install the tool. After that, you'll find it in the apps launcher
sudo apt install gnome-tweaks

Open Gnome Tweaks, click on Startup Applications and add Dropbox

2 Likes

thank you all. I did it by doing: Show Application> Startup App>Add> {Name: Dropbox, Command: flatpak run com.dropbox.Client , Comment: }

just to confirm and update - this method works fine in Ubuntu 23.04

This topic was automatically closed after 36 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.